A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Twenty Four years ago today.....

I was holding the most awesome little boy with blonde hair and big blue eyes and I fell head over heels in love...he was my son.

Well, of course he was his daddy's son, too but at that moment, the world stopped turning and there were only two people in that room.  This gorgeous child, and an ill-prepared woman whom he would depend on to meet all of his needs.

If I ever needed God's wisdom and grace it was in that moment...and he delivered.

Did I feel inadequate...you bet, was I scared? terrified, but alone, no way.  God gives us children to be blessings to us, to care for and to love.  He let me know that as long as his father and I provided love and guidance, and entrusted this child back to Him, that he would do the rest.  .."train up a child."

It has been a wonderful 24 years, you are an awesome man, a great husband and a spectacular father. We are amazed daily by your wisdom, love and integrity. 

Thank you for calling me Mom.  I love you! Happy, Happy Birthday, JOSHUA!

No comments:

Post a Comment