A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Walking a broken road....

Anyone that has known me in my adult life would find it hard to believe that I used to be a runner.  I know, what happened? Right?

Although I don't run anymore, I learned some valuable lessons during those years of my life.  They are just "nuggets" that mean something to me, not necessarily anyone else and as we approach the journey from Lent into Easter, I am reminded of some of the lessons:

-Running, walking or moving forward is a journey.  The path may be familiar or unfamiliar, smooth or broken, but the only way to get back home is to complete the journey. Thank you Lord, for completing this journey for me.

-Most of the time, this journey was traveled alone-there were friends who often ran or walked beside us, but ultimately, the choice to go or not go is an individual one. I am glad you chose to go, Jesus.

-There are often obstacles, broken pavement, scraped knees, turned ankles, cramps,  dehydration and loneliness along the way, prayer often sustained me as I talked to my Father.  Who sustained Jesus on His journey?  Faithful friends, but ultimately, His father.

-The journey provided beautiful sights, things you see from the side of the road that you wouldn't see in a vehicle.  Baby birds, small animals, budding trees, smiling faces. Shadows and sunlight in equal measure. Jesus shared in these beautiful things, the creator walked among his creation.

-As a runner or walker, our destination is fairly sure.  A task completed, a minor victory for the day, a shower and rest. His destination meant so much more...the cross, death, the grave, and a victor's crown. ...the Journey complete...the Victory won.

-I ran that broken road for me....  Just me..

--He ran that broken road too, but not just for me...for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment