A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

She is packing her bags....

Saturday was a day I will never forget. I went to see her..she has always been so beautiful with her pretty dark hair and exotic amber eyes.  Today, she was bruised and weary.  Her body shook and she was looking somewhere else.  Past us, past her room, past the immediate, past the pain.  She was reaching
for something we did not see.

Our finite minds and limited vision can only imagine what she is seeing from her bed right now. It must be a place where she is not defined by the things that confine her now. She is packing her bags.  I see  it in her eyes.  She is looking forward to a journey.  A journey that she is ready to make....more than ready.  Her focus is single and as we fade into the rearview mirror, we will become but background noise as the promise of this final trip becomes more and more of a reality.

From where I sit, the letting go will be hard.  It may not be today or tomorrow or next month, but the voyage is imminent for her. For her, I will not grieve, she is ready, just waiting for the passport and tickets. For me, how I say goodbye, how I send her off, how I leave the station are all life lessons I must learn.. But I must rejoice for her, with her, and focus on the joy that lies ahead for her as she approaches her joyful journey and her blessed reunion with those waiting for her and the One who will hold her close forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment