A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Running on empty

Do you ever feel that you are "running on empty'?  I often do.  There are days when it just seems that there is only so much in your tank and by 9:25 in the morning you are running on fumes?  I had one of those days today.  I just didn't see how I was gonna make it through the day.  But somehow 3:00 came just like it does everyday.  Restoration was on the way... I should have been grateful for today, for the privilege of having a job, for the blessings I have been given, but instead, I saw the negative and counted the minutes until my day was over.  I had lost precious moments to be a positive influence instead of a negative one.  I could have been joyful instead of fretful.

Lord, I need a "do-over" today.  I need to Stop, Drop (to my knees), and Roll into a better attitude! Can you tell it's Fire Safety month?

I pray that tomorrow will be a better day.  I am human, and it may not be, but these are the scriptures that I will meditate on for a "fill up":


"Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You." Psalm 25:5

"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3

"Do not be afraid, Be strong and courageous, for I the Lord your God am with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9

 May you be "filled up" my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment