A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Playing "Chicken"

For Weeks now, our cat has been playing "chicken" with the garage door...  watching it fall and waiting till the very last minute to dodge underneath it and run in or out.  Last night, I was closing the door like I always do and I saw Atilla at the end of the driveway.  I pressed the button and she just looked at me, then, when it got to about 24 inches from closing she takes off running...and last night, the garage door won. All she got in the garage was her head. I feverishly worked to get the door up, and when I did, she took off for the woods! Spent forever calling and trailing her, I just knew she was gone.  I was rehearsing the phone call I would make to tell my son to let him know that his mom killed his cat.  Not a good feeling!

After a fitful evening, We got ready for bed, checked the garage one more time, and there she was on her bed, like, "Hey, aren't you gonna tuck me in?"  After checking her out, she is absolutely fine, but she has acknowledged defeat, I can see it in her eyes, when she hears the garage door, I can almost hear her say, "DOOR: 1, CAT: 0.  But knowing her....

Smart Cat...A great hunter, a sneaky opponent, but she knows when to bow down to the enemy...or does she? We"ll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment