A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stained Glass

I love stained glass windows.  It is amazing to me that someone can take broken pieces of glass which by themselves are unique, colorful, different, and make something beautiful when placed together in their artist's hand.  The final touch is the coming to life of this image when it is illuminated as light shines through it. 

I am so blessed to have so many different people in my life.  They are by no means alike.  I love the diversity of my friends and family. Everyone is different and unique, and as I reflect on the beauty of each person, I am blown away.  How blessed I am for each person that God has placed in my life.  For the quiet, the joyful, the loud, the strong, the tender, the old, the young.  For each gift each person has brought to my life.  There are sayings I'll never forget, there are tears we have shed alone or together, there are arguments, agreements, life events, worship times, fun times and just plain silly times. Specific details I may not always remember, but your image and the place each holds in my heart will always remain.

We have been saying a lot of "Good byes" lately and because of this, I have been thinking about the people that have been in my life and I feel so thankful. 

I will especially smile when I think of how the master took us all with our unique shape, size and color, and from our brokenness made a gorgous image, created for each of us, illuminated with his love to carry in our hearts forever.

Thank you God for this window in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment