A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

There is a song for everything!

My husband and I have been married forever, and somethimes I think we are just one person in the way that we think.  We are a little sarcastic, and tend to try to lighten tense moments with a quick comeback.  This is often a great annoyance to our children.  The other day, someone made the comment "Straight up", in just an ordinary way.  Well, I immediately burst out in a falsetto voice singing Paula Abdul's song by the same name. Everyone, just cracks up and we keep  singing her little tag line chorus "oh oh oh" all night. 

Sometimes, songs just say it better than words, or break up a tense moment. Today, we were singing Bon Jovi's "Living on a prayer" when the stress of the summer became palpable.

Tonight, as we sat around catching up, three or four songs came to mind. Some funny, some not so much.

Right now, I'm thinking something like, "Goodnight Sweetheart, it's time to go",
it is pretty late, after all.

As the daughter of a musician and a fan of music, I love music of faith, all kinds, contemporary, traditional and gospel. I love oldies, motown, country, classical, jazz, 40's , 50's and pretty much everything in between. So my head is pretty full of lyrics of all sorts.

I am so thankful for the gift of music and for the words we are given for nearly every situation in our lives.

When words won't do, hum a catchy tune!

"Good night, sweetheart, good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment