A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lightning Bugs!

One of the most amazing creatures God has created are fireflies. We called them "lightening bugs".  I just love the way they light up a dark night and as a kid, I really appreciated how easy they are to catch.  You don't see them very often anymore around here. But we have been in places where  they were like lasers lighting up the side of the country roads.

Mom used to let me fill a mason jar with them, poke holes in the jar, and I would fall asleep with them by my bed.  The sad thing is, they would all be dead by morning. Daddy had the job of emptying the jar before I awoke

I don't really know if they are of ecological or scientific importance or if God just created them to put wonder in children's faces. I have never seen a child that wasn't amazed by the beautiful lightning bug!

I personally think they are a little "wink"...reminding us that there is still wonder and beauty to be found, and that awe can be found in anything.

Thank you Lord, for Lightning bugs!Go to fullsize image

No comments:

Post a Comment