A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, June 13, 2011

American Pickers...where are you?...and by the way, where is the cleaning fairy?

I love the concept of this show.  It's about these two guys who travel across the country  and stop at the homes of random people and ask to dig through their barns or junk sheds.  They find these priceless treasures and offer rock-bottom prices, and then resell the stuff for more.  Depending on the value of the stuff, "rock-bottom" isn't always so bad.

I don't have a barn or a junk house, but I am moving and pitching junk.  I wish they'd show up at my house and find some priceless treasure that I could barter for...It would make this whole packing mess seem like a treasure hunt! Well...a girl can dream, can't she?

The other fun thing about moving is realizing that you are not as neat and clean as you think.  I wish I had a "cleaning fairy" to come and clean under and behind some of my furniture. I mean, really, how often do you pull out your piano, or your refrigerator to clean around it.. Yuck!!!!!

All in all, moving is a reality check.  It tells most people two things...the first is that they are collectors of "stuff" and, the second is that, most of us are a bit messy  in places where no one can see.

I can't wait to get everything clean, and straight, get rid of some junk and start all over again! Come on, Pickers and cleaning fairies...I need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment