A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't be a "sassafras"

Another one of dad's sayings.  In other words, it meant, don't have a sour attitude or a sour face. Very few things annoyed him, and that was one of them. Evidently the sassafrass root makes you have a very sour face...I don't know if its true or a "bull story" but that is what he said.  Pa Ross also ate sassafrass root hence, his nasty disposition!

If someone in our family was grouchy, we'd hear, "Don't be a sassafras".  He really didn't do well with negativity or conflict and poor thing, he got stuck with a house full of women!

I try to keep reminding myself of all of that, these days. Sometimes, life doesn't treat us fairly, sometimes, we don't get exactly what we want when we want it. and sometimes, we just have to wait. ughhhh......

So, I am counting all of my blessings daily, trying not to get annoyed with negative people, and lastly and most importantly, I am trying to remember that a positive attitude, patience, and knowing that God is in control, is sure a lot better than being a "Sassafras."

You are right, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment