A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers and Daughters, Fathers and Sons

Today is Father's Day.  What a bittersweet day.  I only had daddy for 17 years, but somehow daddy knew that he had to pack a lot in those few short years.  I am so grateful for all the life lessons he gave me in that short amount of time. I learned things that are the very thread of who I am.  I learned what it is like to have a Godly father,  who showed me the love of the most perfect father, and for that I will always be thankful. There is a place in my heart, that only a daddy can fill.

But the blessings don't end there.  My husband is a remarkable father.  He loves his children with his whole heart and always puts them first. As our sons are now adults, I truly see the imprint he has left on each of their lives.  He is not only their father, but he is their closest ally. There is a place in their hearts that only a Father can fill.

Then, there is my son Josh.  What a father he is.  I see the same look in his eyes when he is with his sweet daughter that I have seen before, first with daddy, then with his daddy.  She loves her daddy with her whole heart and he loves her just as much. Her heart has a place that is just for her daddy!

We may live in an imperfect world. Because we are human we do things that are not always right, we make mistakes and sometimes we are just wrong.  But one of the most perfect types of love we have in this world, is the love of a Godly father.

Thank you God, for the examples of fatherly love in my life.  Praise to You this Father's day

No comments:

Post a Comment