A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I couldn't be...no way...how did that happen?

Okay, so I went to bed last night in my 40's, this morning I woke up not in my 40's anymore,and it happened...I began to unravel just a little bit!!

 I kissed my husband goodbye,  he told me  that I might want to go by McDonald's and get my Senior Citizen's coffee, I thought, "Hmmph, in a little less than 10 months, he's gonna get it!!!!!!" So, I head to work, contemplating the new decade of my life that I just
woke up in. I thought, "Coffee is for old folks, I'll stop and get a Dr. Pepper at the gas station. I'll just show him." I promptly get out of the car, go inside, pay for my gas and "cool" Dr. pepper, and ooops... I did it! Something I haven't done in at least 20 years. I locked not only my keys but my phone AND my keys in the car at the gas pump! How is that for embarrasing? I had to go in and ask to borrow their phone, and admit to the man I love more than anything that I had a very big "Senior moment".  Of course he rescued me, he always does, but when he unlocked the door, he said, "I'm just not quite sure how that happened." I didn't answer, but when I got home, He told me that it wouldn't have happened if I'd gotten my Sr. coffee!! Ahhhhh!! Not nice! 

But, then I got to thinking, I found this purse I really liked at a store that offers a 50+ discount...this getting older might not be a bad thing after all.

Tomorrow, I will activate my AARP card, go shopping and enjoy being 50 which is the new 40, or 30 or whatever. 

Good night, friends.  I am going to find my keys and my phone and put them in a safe place!!!!! I may even get a free coffee on my way to work...I'll go through the drive through and that way nothing gets locked in the car!!!

Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment