A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The summer of the roaming Hamil"gnomes"

I love the commercials with the "roaming gnome".  You know, the little garden gnome that gets stuffed in a suitcase and really makes quite an entrance and not always in a good way!    He is either on "travel overload"----or just a bad little gnome!

That's how I feel this summer!  We have lots of great things happening in our lives! New places, new people, new beginnings, weddings, graduations, a conference, "good-byes', "Hellos", and trying to do the everyday normal stuff of life "in-between".

I am so afraid that I am gonna crash through a ceiling like the gnome, or arrive at a graduation in a mother of the groom dress, or go to a church conference in my work t-shirt, or say "goodbye" to the new people or  "Nice to meet ya" to the people we've known most of a decade. 

And don't ask me to answer any really important questions like, Where are you?  What date is the wedding (either one), What time is graduation? I WON'T KNOW! I prefer to be driven to and deposited at all major events, Just like the little gnome! He just shows up when it's time.  He always wears the same thing, and always has a smile on his face!!!

Nothing we are doing is about me, I realize this, and would really prefer to stay in the background...kind of like a garden gnome..you always notice them, but never comment on them..they are just there- until you trip over them, or send them crashing in somewhere they shouldn't be! So, In light of all of this, I pray that this summer, that I and my entire family end up in the right state, with the right state of mind, at the right time, with the proper attire and a big smile, ....................just like good little hamil"gnomes"!

Good night from somewhere in the Southeastern United States! Not sure where!

No comments:

Post a Comment