A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Full Cup

A very old Southern saying when someone is on the verge of tears is, "oh, they're full."
I never really understood the full meaning of that expression until I had a family.  It means that someone is so "full" of emotion that they can't express it in words.  They are full...their eyes are also full, full of tears.

I love to blog about my family.  I adore them...all of them.  My oldest son has the most awesome family.  He is a wonderful husband and father with a beautiful wife who is also a great friend to me. They have a beautiful daughter whose smile can melt the universe, and the mere thought of them, of their great little family, of all they have accomplished and are accomplishing makes me "full".... It wasn't that long ago, that we sat in a crowded gym at LSU feeling very "full" watching both of you graduate! WoW!!!

Today, we sit in a motel room  in Kentucky with our youngest two having just graduated from Asbury College.  Their fiancees having just graduated from college this weekend as well.  WE are feeling very "full"....very blessed.

God took two people from humble beginnings, and blessed us beyond measure.  He gave us 4 children, three who are with us now,  one in Heaven, and gave them intelligence, A strong commitment to Christ, love for one another, and a selfless love that did not come from us.  The icing on the cake is that God also blessed each of them with beautiful, caring intelligent strong women who will walk beside them now and in all the days of their lives.

Just before the graduates recessed from the auditorium today, and the class song was sung, I felt it...  and as I looked around,  I wasn't the only one.  Dads  silently wiped tears, Mamas wiped their eyes, tried to take pictures and wave, but they all felt the same,  "FULL"...

Thanks be to God for the immeasurable FULLNESS of His love for us!

1 comment: