A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hey Mom...

It's middle school for you... you and your brother are making new friends in a new place.  We meet a lot of them....one young lady is a constant in your group of friends.  She is such a sweet young lady. 

"Hey Mom...Krista is going to be my date for the dance, can you take us and pick us up?" 

"Hey Mom...Can Krista come over? "

"Can we play tennis?",  "Can you take us to the movies?"

Another dance...Christmas presents, too.

"Dad, will you help me make her a treasure box for Valentine's Day?"

"Can I have the car for our first "car date"?"

Its time for our Junior Prom, Senior Play, Graduation...

Fast forward..".Mom, Dad, I want to ask her Dad for her hand, can I have your blessing first?"  "She said 'YES'"!

"Mom, Dad..the tuxes are in...I need my hair cut, I need to pack, to move stuff, to set up  our new life."

My heart is swirling with pride, with elation, with a mother's love and that bittersweet feeling that as this phase of their lives begin, a part of mine ends.

But, there it is on the front porch of their first home....A porch swing; and so it begins....

Godspeed and much love..

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment