A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Bittersweet

This is the one day of the year that is so bittersweet to me!  As a preschool director, there are certain times of the year that are just special! Fall, of course, the beginning of a school year, full of anticipation for the year ahead.  The, of course there are the holidays, Thanksgiving and christmas, watching the children soak in the Spirit and wonder of Christmas.  This brings us now, to my very favorite day in the life of our preschool:  Graduation Day!

Many of tonight's graduates have been with us since they were 6 weeks old.  Some, for a very long time and others are fairly new to us.  But the story is the same.  No matter how long they have been with us, we have loved them, cared for them, played with them, reasoned with them, kissed boo-boos, wiped tears, prayed with them, prayed for them, prayed for ourselves for wisdom to deal with them!  We also take ownership right alongside Mamas and Daddies and Grandparents in these children tonight! We are so proud of them, We remember how they were when they came to Preschool and how much they have matured into fine young boys and girls ready for "Big School!"

This year is also my last year to do this in this place.  I am a "crier" at times like these, naturally, so it will be tough tonight.  I love my staff, children and their parents.  I love the church that has supported this ministry so faithfully.  So as I say farewell to the class of 2011, my love and a piece of my heart will leave this place with them tonight. 

Tonight, I have to remember the quote,"Don't cry because it's over, Smile, because it happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment