A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Morning Walk

One of the things I love to do is go for morning walks with my friend.  We have the best time and my day always gets off to a great start after our walks. We talk, we "vent", and we laugh.

This morning was no exception. The weather was perfect. How often do you get a cool morning in May?  We  finished our walk and as I was returning home, I saw a little black bird sitting in the middle of one of the busiest streets in our neighborhood.  I thought surely it would fly away but the closer I got to it,  It didn't.  It just looked at me and sat there.  I went over to it and stroked it.  Then it let me pick it up.  It was able to flap its wings but unable to get out of the road.  I set the little bird down in a cool patch of grass to rest. He looked back as if to thank me.

But it really got me to thinking....God gives us people to come and walk beside us. To give us strength and to lead us to a place of rest. 

Not too unlike our kind Shepherd, "The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
  He makes me lie down in green pastures,"--Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment