A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hurry up and wait!

I was thinking about the kind of person I can be.  I guess I am usually a person of  action.  Kind of the "Do something, even if it's wrong" mentality sometimes.

I get in the elevator and keep pusing the button of the floor I want (like that will make it move any faster). 

I click the internet button over and over until the internet pops up and then I have 15 internet windows open. 

I can't wait for water to boil...I once heard that adding salt makes it boil faster, so I always add salt.

I always try to scoot through a yellow light.

I "line hop" in check out lines, trying to find the shortest line (that never works, you know)

Checking  my email 50 times a day makes the response come faster...no it doesn't!

Changing my ring tone wont make my phone ring .

I guess the bottom line is... I am a bit impatient.  I hate to wait for anything.  It was terrible to wait for 12 months for my wedding to come and 9 months waiting for children.  I find myself in such a hurry to go nowhere.  What difference does it make if I make it to the top floor, in 1 minute or 1 minute and 10 seconds?

How uncomfortable we are with "down time" .  We have our busy lives and our things to do.  We don't like to wait for others, to wait for responses, to wait on God. To do nothing, even if it feels wrong is often what we need to do.

No wonder we are so tired and "run down" .  I love the verse "they that wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up on wings like eagles.  They will run and not be weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

What an awesome promise.  Wait...what a novel concept, and even better, a promise in the waiting.  Thank you, Lord.







I

No comments:

Post a Comment