A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'll always see you

A high school Graduate!!....So proud and so happy.  You walk so tall and stand so straight.  These are the moments that will be frozen in our hearts..snapshot images of the black gown, the stole, the smile, the same smile you have always had...pure glee!!!
I see you!

...off to college, you are unloaded, ready to start living your life..wait dad, don't drive so fast, I can't see you......

....Spreading your wings, getting married, working, a beautiful baby, finishing College...Another walk down another aisle, tall and straight in your black gown..so proud of you.. I love it when I see you....

Two more high school graduates...This seems so familiar, the straight and tall walk, the black gown, the stole...How proud we are...life is just beginning..two different paths...oh no, I can't see two different places at the same time....

....We leave you at school....unpacked, and ready to start...oh no dad,..you're driving too fast...slow down, I can't see you....

....A week later we leave you...unpacked, ready to start...dad, you're doing it again, drive slower, I can't see you, you are too far away...

Three years later, here we are..your paths brought you to the same school. It is real, now...you finish this week...graduating again...tall and straight in your black gowns, another walk down the aisle...I am so proud...I can see you..... a little blurry through misty eyes, but I'll always see you.....

There will be other walks down other aisles in the weeks and months to come...How proud we will be...but this week I cherish the walks in the mortar boards and graduation gowns.   In an Andy Griffith episode, when Opie's baby birds left the cage, he cried because the cage was empty.  His daddy reminded him that even though the cage was empty, the trees were "mighty full"

....I will always love seeing you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment