A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Waiting!

As we have previously established, I am no good at waiting....Those verses that tell me to "wait on the Lord" are difficult to read at best and even more diffuicult to follow.  That really came home to me yesterday.  I had a scheduled appointment with the cable/internet company between the hours of 12 and 5 p.m.  So, I was at home waiting.

 These days I am home anyway. It is not a big deal...but I was waiting for something.  Well, you guessed it.  At 5:40 no one had not arrived.  So we left the house.  Still no internet and I "wasted" the whole day. Why am I so impatient?  Don't really know. But it made me take a look at myself.  People have to wait on me.  They wait on me while I am in line.  My family waits for me to be the last one in the car.  My sons hate to go to Walmart with me because I take too long. Now I am sure this cable guy(or girl) had a reason for not showing.  Although I am anxious to hear it, I am sure there was a good reason.

When I am waiting for an answer from God for something, I get tired of waiting too. But it made me think, does He spend days waiting on me to come and ask Him for the solution, or at the very least help with the solution?  He's not the cable guy, and He is not me, thank Heaven, but He is the one I need to worry about waiting for, and also the One whom I should not keep waiting!

Happy Satuday from an alternate internet site!

No comments:

Post a Comment