A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Linda

Today, I want to talk about my other sister, Linda.  As I said, I have two sisters and both are amazing women.  You met Annie last week, and now, I want to introduce you to Linda. 

Linda is my middle sister.  Poor thing, she has always taken the abuse heaped on her my Annie and myself with such grace and dignity.  From food fights, to gross medical conversations, to just plain old sibling meanness.  I really do love you, ya know!

She is artistic where I am not.   If I like something, I just like it.  I can't tell you why or how it is made, I just like it.   She is a student of the arts, and a creator.  I like order and neatness and balance, she can take chaos and make it look magical and cool and whimsical... I love plants that perform and bloom.  She likes growing, planting, sharing and arranging flower beds.  Her flower gardens are worthy of Southern Living Magazine.  Mine are just lucky to be living.  She is thoughtful, giving and way more patient and willing to be adventurous than I.  I remember nearly 15 years ago when her son wanted an iguana, they took it on with ZEST!  Reptar was a cute 12 inch lizard then.  Now he is a 3 foot monster! A sweet one, but a monster none the less!

She is crazy about antiques, and pictures and family history and old things, and is the keeper of the family's past...Me, I am just learning to appreciate those things, but not with the same passion.

She also loves with her whole heart and would give of herself to help anyone.  Now that I am older, I see how much she has been a part of my support system all of my life.  From taking care of me when daddy was sick and all of the times Mama couldn't, to helping me through the tough times and tragedies in my own life. Mama said I took my first steps to her.  She has survived her own share of heartache and is standing strong, too!

We couldn't be more different in our appearance, our personalities and our likes and dislikes, but there are ways that we are very much alike, and God knew we needed each other to make our lives work! I am glad he knows us better than we know ourselves!


She is a great wife, and awesome mom and the thing I am most proud of is to call her "Sister." 
I love you, Sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment