A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The box...oh that box

Today, I have been at a loss for words.  Something has happened that is amazing to us, probably not to anyone else, but definitely to us.
Before I could compose my blog, a guest writer stepped up and did it for me! Enjoy Marty's thoughts.  Heather
I have been reminded of God's promises in a small but tangible way this morning. During our move to Fairhope, we lost a box. The box contained trinkets and mementos of Heather and my life. It had no real monetary value but the emotional value was priceless to us. We knew the movers didn't have it, we knew that it had not been donated to the Rescue Mission, and had not been left behind in Dothan. We had searched through every empty box, dug through the garbage, and finally resolved ourselves to believe that it was simply gone. We had done everything we knew to do. Except turn it over to God. So last night, just before bed, as I was praying, I asked God to restore the box to us. This morning we received a phone call from our son who just moved to Huntsville. He had our box. Somehow it had been packed with his things instead of on our moving truck. I was immediately reminded of the widow who upon finding her lost coin invited her friends over to celebrate. A found box that had inadvertently gone in a different direction may not seem like much to you but to us it was an answer to prayer and further proof that the God of all creation loves us and has good things in store for us. --Marty     

No comments:

Post a Comment