A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another day..not hardly!

As I looked at my to "to do" list today, I thought, well, a list of things to do that are pretty mundane, until I saw this one item, " Rehearsal Dinner invitations".  By itself, it is just an item on a list, but as I sat down to do this one item and began addressing the envelopes, I realized what blessings are around the corner, again.  We have the privilege of seing our second son, marry a wonderful woman.  The opportunity to have our last child marry in front of family and friends.  

He, not unlike his brothers has brought much love and joy into our lives.  As a child, he kept us laughing, kept us watchful, and definitely kept us on our toes.  There were times when we wondered if he would make it to this day! 

Every family with more than one child has one of these; the daredevil!  The one who takes the bumps, bruises and stitches for everyone else!  We worried, we fretted, but Andrew, you didn't! You just charged into life "head on"...ready to have some fun!  We are so happy that you outgrew this title, and have made it safely to adulthood!

Dad and I and everyone else can now breathe a sigh of relief!  But more that that, we are so happy that you have kept your sense of joy and wonder and found someone wonderful to share it with!  I know as  you  continue on in your life, you will share this joy with others! 
So, as one of the last tasks as Mother of the Groom is nearing completion, I am so happy to relive a little bit of the joy and pleasure it was to be your mom and have a front row seat in the window of your life!

Love, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment