A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Doppleganger

I really didn't know what that was until the last few years.  It is a person of fame or celebrity that we may look or act like. 

I have a friend who reminds me of Julia Roberts.  People used to tell my husband he favored Robert Urich, the late actor. Anyone ever told you that you remind them of someone famous?

The older I get, the more afraid that I am going to resemble someone I don't want to "be like".  We have been watching old seasons of "Everybody Loves Raymond".  I am terrified that someone will tell me that I remind them of Marie Barrone!  Or Aunt Bea from Andy Griffith!  Somebody once told me that I talked like her! :(

In reality, we would all like to be doppleganger's of someone good looking, young and cool! Or at least someone with talent!

Do you ever look at pictures of yourself and only see the worst version of you and think, "Is that what other people see all the time when they look at me?"  Heaven forbid!

Just musing today, friends.  Why are we so hard on ourselves? I don't know. 

I guess we should all really want to have the same "Doppleganger".  The one whose image we should all want to be like, the one who we should strive to have...so for today, and everyday,  I hope Jesus is my Doppleganger!

No comments:

Post a Comment