A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Friends

So often we take our friends for granted.  We just assume that they will always be there, in the same place, doing the same things, living life around us.  Sometimes they make it through awful storms, only to leave us in the most bizarre manner. 

Many of us lost a friend this week.  Lois was an encourager. She was someone I  have truly cherished being around for the last 8 years.  We didn't do a lot together, but I was privileged enough to see her quite often.  She was so warm, and instantly I knew that she was someone that would be a blessing in my life. A quick wit, an open heart, and true kindness were what I loved about Lois.  She loved her family and friends and they loved her. Even though she fought a physical battle ( and won),  in the toughest times it didn't change her heart, or her wit, or her love of life and people. She knew where her strength came from.

Just two days before she left us, she sent an encouraging post to me and I will cherish it always. I have talked about stained glass in another post, and tonight, I am grateful for the beautiful, colorful piece in the window of my heart that is Lois. 

What joy you must feel tonight being in our Father's presence, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment