A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, August 8, 2011

While you slept...

Tonight as i watch you sleep on the couch (a rarity nowdue to time age and distance), I am thinking about a million things. I am thinking of all the nights I have done this before.

There were the nights when I rocked you, and sang to you, and stroked your head.

There were nights when I checked your breathing...just to make sure.

There were nights when daddy and I prayed over you

There were nights when I woke you up to give you medicine, and to rebandage your wounds.

There were also nights when I prayed you were really asleep and not just fooling me.

There were nights I sneaked in your room to put laundry away trying not to wake you.or Caleb.

There were nights, I prayed your brother wouldnt wake you, because it took you so long to get to sleep.

There were nights that I saw you smiling in your sleep and wondered what your secret really was.

There were nights when you fell asleep with your bible on your bed,

There were other nights you fell asleep with your headphones on, your phone in your ear, and the cat at your feet.

There were nights with tear stains on your pillows...not many though.

There were many nights when I wondered who you would marry and what path your life would take.

There were nights with company when you never went to sleep!

There were nights when you were so excited about "tomorrow" that you couldn't sleep!

All of those nights are priceless to me now.  Times that a mother cherishes, time with just she and her child.;

But now, That part of my life really is over.  The love of your life will watch you sleep from now on.  She will calm you, take care of you and share your days and nights from here on.....as it should be...as God ordains!

..A man shall leave his mother and a woman shall leave her home.

Good night, Andrew my son, Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment