A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am writing to express my interest.......

.....and so starts the 57th cover letter for a resume!  What fun it is to market yourself...ugh!  What I really want to say is: " here I am, 50, overweight, I love people, love kids and will work for peanuts!  If you need a warm body to work Monday through Friday 8-5, here I am...BUT, you have to be nice to me, because I will be nice to you." 

Job hunting is a humbling experience when you have been gainfully employed for awhile.  It pulls you out of your comfort zone, you have to dress and act a certain way, and hope that people can see the real you, though all of your nervousness and pretense. Very frustrating....no wonder tele-commuting is so popular...no body to have to impress.

Just a little whiny today.  But as my daddy always said, "Buck up honey, six months from now you will be worrying about something else!"  Gee, Daddy, I hope so...If not, I am going to fling myself in the woods next to our house and hope that PA ROSS gets me on the way to the bay! 

Happy Tuesday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment