A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

One of my children's favorite books was entitled, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs.  It was an adorable, fascinating and a little bit frightening tale of a town named "Chewandswallow" that received all of it's food from the sky.  For example; breakfast would be a rain of OJ, followed by a plate of pancakes and sausage that fell down from above for breakfast. And each meal would follow suit.  What a great concept, just walk outside with a fork and spoon and "Presto", there goes supper. Everything went great, till the weather went wrong.  You got "tomato tornadoes" and  "Pea soup fog", and a "salt and pepper fog", and everyone had to evacuate!

I say all of this to say, that it rained buckets and buckets today.  There is a topical depression somewhere offshore and we are getting wet.  I didn't bring my lunch to work, and was thinking that I didn't want to go get something, so..I was musing about how convenient that would be...just hold out the plate, huh?

Well,  I guess that last time that really happened was when the Israelites got Manna from God.  They were also pretty good whiners like I can be.  I wonder if they ever thought, "God, I really don't want to go outside and get my manna today, can you just set it inside the door?"  Pretty obnoxious, huh?  Well, I can be too.
I am really fortunate to be safe, dry, obviously well fed, and have the ability to have a meal...

So, Thank you Lord for rainy day reminders.  It's really not so bad to splash in a puddle and look up at the sky! ...and isn't that rain cloud shaped a little like a chicken leg??

No comments:

Post a Comment