A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A hint of fall.....

Everyone has their favorite time of year.  Mine happens to be Fall.  I love this time of year, I like fall leaves, fall decorations, especially fall temperatures, school starting back, the smell of apples and pumpkins, and one more, very special reason....LOVE!

Today, was the first hint of that wonderful season down here in South Alabama!  No matter how pooped you are, a crisp morning can really cheer you up in a big way!  There's no way it will last for more than a few days, so I will enjoy it for now!

The first crisp morning every year also takes me back to that day many years ago when I fell in love! there were bales of Hay, pumpkins, music, laughter, and the smell of apple cider.  There was a stirring in my heart that said, "this is the one", and just the hint of a smile that let me know that it could be so.

So, while the leaves have yet to turn, and the hay bales and pumpkins aren't on the street corners and front porches yet; my heart is stirring, and I eagerly anticipate reveling in this wonderful season (no matter how short it may be in our part of the world).  I will enjoy God's palette of greens, browns, oranges, golds and crimsons, the cool air, and the reminder that that a prayer was answered on a cool October night, and whisper a grateful "Thank you"!

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment