A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A new way home...."By the side of the road, part 2"

I have a new way home now. A few months ago I posted ponderings from my perspective of life along my commute every day.  I am so glad that the trek to my center takes me through a rural area.  Along the way, I see marsh lands, a bay,  a beautiful creek, cotton fields, old houses, beautiful boats, sprawling live oak and magnolia trees, and even a polo field. There are homes of affluence, homes of poverty and homes in between.

Yesterday, I saw a hot air balloon rising up out of nowhere! How Cool!  I saw the blue bow on a mailbox and prayed for the family and the baby.  My heart is ready to attach myself to the familiar sights and places that I will see every day. 

Lord, protect these people I pass by on the side of the road. Give the farmers good cotton and peanuts, keep the trees upright through the storms, bring peace to the homes and families, give the hot air balloons safe-landing, fishermen good catches, pleasure boaters fair winds and seas, and safety to all who travel.

Thank you Lord, for the beauty in the ordinary, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment