A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Sister

I have been blessed with two sisters.  They are both amazing women.  Today, I want to talk about my oldest sister.  Most people know her as Anna Jean.  I call her Annie. Always have, always will. 

Annie is a person that most people would overloook..for about 30 seconds.  She is not "put together" in the worldly sense, she doesn't have the things that would turn your head.  She gets notcies from the city when her wild flowers get out of control, she wears funny shoelaces and dresses for every holiday including, but not limited to groundhog day.  But she amazes me daily.  She has no boundries, which is frustrating to those of us who love her. But when I think about it, neither did Jesus or Mother Theresa.  She just LOVES..with her whole heart. By "no boundries," I mean, She is a refuge for any one in need. I can't tell you all of the teenagers, adults, and even family members that have used her home as a place of solace and rest.  If you needed a dime and she had only one, it would be yours.  She even let a homeless man spend cold winter nights in her garage for a number of years. She is in the healthcare profession, and she can always be counted on for comfort to the dying, bubbles for the kids (of all ages) and a pocket full of balloons and confetti.

She is about to retire from the career that she has loved for nearly 40 years in all.  She will be missed for comfort, care, a listening ear, for calming children, for praying with families and late night hospital visits long after her shift is over.  But she is not finished yet.  Her new ministry will be to make blankets for stillborn babies, deceased infants and children.

When she was a young girl, she dreamed of going to the mission field, far far away.  She went, but she never went far from where she was born, and I dare say, she has made a difference in this mission field.

She doesn't much care what the world says about her, but she is loved anyway.  She doesn't care for the praise of people, but there is one praise she will hear loudly and strong, that she has lived her life for, and that praise is "Well done, my good and faithful servant, enter into your rest!" But somehow, I know she won't be resting!

Love you, Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment