A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Things you can't hear...

I have had a day with a lot of "quiet time."  It was a wonderful day, driving to see some of the ladies in my family.  We talked, and laughed,  and had a great time. But going home, the CD player in my vehicle malfunctioned and I didn't want to listen to the  available stations so my ride was a quiet one.  I began to think about some  of the most beautiful images I have seen lately whose message needed no narration or caption, the mere sight sends a message straight to the soul.

Last night, during a very moving service at church, there was a prayer flashed on the screen. While others were watching the screen and trying to take in the images, I looked to my left, and in the dark, a hearing impaired gentleman was signing this prayer in the most eloquent fashion.  He was touching his chest between signs, and praying so reverently.  With the gift of the words on the screen, he could worship along with everyone else, not waiting on an interpreter. Just he and his Lord.  An image I will  long remember.

Today, I had the opportunity to watch a great- great -grandmother hold her great- great -grandchild.  She doesn't have the words any more, and the baby doesn't have them yet.  That was okay, though. I couldn't help but notice the looks that passed between them.  What pure joy they had in one another's company!  Why are the rest of us so worried about a little silence?? What a beautiful image.

I watched the pall of  silence fall on a dark and quiet room full of people.  The lights were extinguished one by one.  Then, finally the last candle was carried out of the room.
There were no words. None to say, none to hear.  The symbol was clear, The light of the world was gone... dead and buried... but wait, watch in silence.. the loudest image of all, is about to burst forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment