A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"If you lived here....."

Another one of daddy's sayings was, "If you lived here, you'd be home now." He loved that saying so much that he painted it on a plaque and hung it over our back door.
Never thought much about it, but it really is true. 

My kids live in various parts of the country.  When they leave to go back to home or school we always say, "Call us when you get home."  In order to function where you are, you have to make it "home".  It may not be your home forever, but it has to be "for now." 

There have been several homes in my life.  Each one bringing a nostalgia with it and a piece of my heart, but there are two real "homes"  for me.  The one that becomes  a home wherever my husband and I are; the home base for our children, so to speak,
and then finally the home of my heart.  The home where all will be perfect one day. The home where I am with my Lord, with those long gone, where all is well and I can almost hear daddy say, "Hey baby, if you lived here, you'd be home now, Come on in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment