A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, January 9, 2012

A new week....

Yesterday was the first time I missed church, in like, forever!  I felt under the weather and had some time to think about where I am, where God is leading, and if I am going to follow. And also, Where would I rather be?

Well, First off, I would have rather been at church, seeing the people that God has given to me to "share life"with, and I would also have loved hearing my favorite minister preach!

Secondly, I have had a lot of time alone, lately and have done a lot of wrestling with God.  Now, why did I want to have to spend more time alone with just me and Him, instead of spending time with my fellow  believers? Hmmm?

But, guess what? It wasn't wasted time. I felt His love in a very profound way.  Sometimes when there is nothing else to do, and nowhere else to go, you have to listen for His voice, recline on his shoulders and feel the heartbeat of the one that made you.

Did I feel His love? You bet!

Did I get answers to all my questions, problems, worries? Not yet

Was I restored? In ways I didn't even realize at the time!  In very personal ways, through others very close to me, His love was evidenced throughout that day.

Thanks Lord, for a little bug, a big wrestling match, and the comfort that you know all the answers and I don't have to, ...All I have to know is how much you love me and that You can be trusted with my heart, my soul, and especially my future!

So here it goes, another week! Holding Your hand, and taking the next step!

No comments:

Post a Comment