A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Dream a little dream........

My childhood was an interesting one.  Too often the sad or hard memories have overshadowed the good ones.   My daddy was a musician.  He was never happier than when he had a guitar in his hand.  He was also one of the more fortunate people who was able to make a living at what he loved to do.  Many of my favorite memories revolve around music.  There were times in the evenings that many of my parents' friends would gather, and play music into the night.  Music, food, dancing and laughter, what priceless memories!  There were other times when my parents would play together and sing.  Mama had a beautiful voice...and  it would  always end the same..Daddy would sing to her.  He sang, "Georgia on my Mind" (Her name is Georgianna, but he called her Georgia), and other ballads, but he always ended with "Dream a little Dream of Me."  and they would kiss.

No matter what life held for them, He loved her dearly, and she loves Him.  As her days here on earth are ending, I wonder if she still hears those beautiful songs, I know she must be dreaming more dearly of him.

Can you hear the music, Mama?

No comments:

Post a Comment