A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, December 30, 2011

time for the ball drop...already?

The ball drops, and Bam! A new year is here!

I am sure there are more scientific ways to welcome a new year, its just that this is the most tangible and simple way for me.

Maybe it is because it will be my fiftieth, I don't know, but I think of many of my past New Years Eve's and wonder what the future will hold,

I believe, however, that it is better not to know, It is usually better just to wonder.

2011 for example, glad I didn't know it all.  I knew some of the things the year would hold, but certainly not others.  So thankful for God's hand in our lives.  For blessing us with new additions to our family, a new move, a new church family and so many other blessings.  I am glad, also, that he was with us, through each goodbye, each hardship, each joy and each sorrow that we didn't know was heading our way.

2012...What will it hold?  What will be around the bend. Some things we do know, we know that there will be a new baby with the Hamilton name this year!  There are certainly things to look forward to, to fear, to dread...and to embrace.

In looking back, New Year's Eve was always a fun time for me as a child, it was always a joyful time, not a time of fear or anticipation, but as the years have gone by, I find the day to be more of a melancholy time....

..As I sit here this morning, I reflect, and I am reminded that never once have I spent one moment of one day of one year alone.

Because;

....He is always with me, holding my right hand (Psalm 73:23)
....He knows every tear we cry! (Psalm 56:8)
....He will do more than we could ever ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20)
....We can be strong and courageous, He will be with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9)


Happy New Year, Acknowledge the pas;, Embrace what God has in store for us! 

...I plan to!

Let that ball drop!  Happy New Year, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment