A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"My finest gift I bring......"

I love the song, "The little Drummer Boy".  But it wasn't until I got older that I understood the significance of the story.  He gave what he had to the baby...  his gift of music, his finest gift!

In a few days, the images of baby Jesus will be back in the box until next year, the Christmas CDs will be back in the cabinet until next year, the presents will be open, the bills will start coming in, and the trees will be in the dump, the river or the attic.

In all the craziness, in the busy-ness, did I stop to think of what gift I would give to the Christ child?  A talent, perhaps?  A spiritual gift that I needed to share? The gift of Worship, Devotion, Surrender, or Obedience?

Before baby Jesus goes back in to the box, think about it......What gift will you give the baby, the King, the Lord of all?

For it is in the giving of our finest gifts to the King, that we are the ones who are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment