A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Every time a bell rings...."

One of the many things I love about the Christmas season is the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life".

 There is something so real about the struggles in George's life.  Most of us don't live a charmed life, but in reality, most of our lives are not as terrible as we think they are either.   I have spent the whole day worrying about something that I cannot change, something that I can't do anything about, and wringing my hands and saying "why me, why me?" 

Well, I'll tell you this, I reallly do have a wonderful life, and this one thing isn't going to change that.
I believe that God sends people our way to remind us of that.  He gives us old friends, new friends and our families to intervene, to walk beside us, and yes, I do believe, there are angels who watch after us, who keep us from harm. Do they look like Clarence? I doubt it, but then again, I don't look like George, either!  Most importantly, we have a Savior who loves us, richly and deeply and cares for us in our darkest hour.

So, Thank you, Lord, for reminding me yet, again, that I do really have a wonderful life!

 Image Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment