A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time to retreat......and paint!

What an awesome weekend, we had!  Lots of things I needed to do, lots of things I should have done, but instead, I painted furniture.  Outside furniture, inside furniture, stripping, painting, sanding!  It was so therapeutic!  I even painted our name on the mailbox! Kinda scared me that I had this much of an energy burst.

The best part of it all has been working on a project with my hubby.  There are always things we have to do, or need to do, but this was just a project that was fun...No stress, just the joy of being together.  We are refinishing my parents dining room table. My parents got that table when I was five. It survived my childhood, hosted family meals with their children and grandchildren, meals with my children and grandchild and is still as strong as ever.  It has survived countless moves, a flood and is still strong and sturdy.  It is special to me.  For 45 years that table has been a part of my life.

SO......................... 

The ironing will get done tomorrow, the floor will get mopped Tuesday, but by the end of the week, we will have a lovely reminder of family, those present, those not, those in heaven and those around the table...With a Thankful heart, I will smile.

Tis the season to slow down and give Thanks, it took a silly table to get me to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment