A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Richard

Happy Birthday (a little belated) to the eldest of my 4 nephews. I can hardly believe you are 44.  How did that happen?

I remember your life in flashes:

You were born and I was an aunt at 6.  I thought you were my baby when you would come and visit!
I chased you around until I passed out, Mama said!

I remember the smile daddy had when you came back from fishing with him! And you had a pretty big one too!

You are a really good big brother, You and Jon were the best of brothers, even between scuffles and brotherly fusses!

I remember taking you to the movie, just to hang out.  It seems like just yesterday, but then I saw TRON had it's 30th anniversary remake!

I remember you moving away and was so sad, but happy for you at the same time.

The rest are glimpses, visits, seeing you as an adult, seeing you as a dad, seeing you as an older nephew to my boys, and always seeing your humor and insight into our family and my life...I treasure your friendship and love

And just like your Mama, you are not defined by your age.....

You may act all crusty on the outside, but you can't fool me! ya big softie!  I love you, Rich!

Love,

Aunt Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment