A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, May 11, 2012

What a remarkable show!

Sunset at the pier last night was truly a spectacular show!  Oftentimes in the South, when someone outdoes themselves you will hear the comment, "He really showed out, didn't he?"  Well, all I can say is "Yes, Lord, You did!!

We got there about 45 minutes before sundown and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We could see several beautiful sailboats, and without cloud cover we could see all the way across the bay to Mobile.  As we neared the end of the pier, several people were gathered and looking at something.  It was a dolphin, and he was putting on a show for us!  I know, most likely he was feeding, but, beautiful none the less. He was so close to the end of the pier and stayed there for a long time, just holding court!  How neat.

On our way back, about halfway to the end was a beautiful long- legged heron, just preening himself on an arm of the pier and eating the fishermen's bait fish.  I really think he was posing for the cameras.

Fish were jumping, the water was calm, the soft waves were so restful, and the evening was unseasonably cool, and the sunset was magnificent.  And I truly believe that no two sunsets are alike.

How can so much beauty be packed into one evening at Sunset? It was the kind of evening where heavy hearts are made light, tired souls are restored and it's as if the Creator says, "Climb up in my lap, Children, I have something to show you, See, I made this dolphin, this heron, this bay, this sky, these waves and this Earth, and it is good, Climb up in my lap, enjoy my splendor, and let my beauty  rock your worries away!"


Yes Lord, You surely "Showed out last night!"

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment