A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Back to the future........

Wow! how the months fly...April was a whirlwind month from start to finish.  How many times in our lives do we think that things can't get much...better, worse, busier, crazier..(you know how it is, fill in the blank in your own life)?  We had one of those months. highs, lows, ups, down, but now, things are starting to settle down.  But the best thing about the month was at the end. Some thing constant, something that has always come at the same time every year for 30 years of my life and 50 years of yours...your birthday.

What a great way to bring the blessings and constancy of life to mind.  Birthdays are markers.  Definitive milestones that say.." You are here, you have made it another year, and there is another clean slate, another adventure ahead.".  The past is gone, and we are back to the business of the future. But, being a reflective sort of girl, I like to look back a little.  I like to think of all of the ways that I appreciate you and all of the ways that you have made this last year remarkable for me and so many others.

From moving us across the state, to our family growing by marriage and by birth, to a new pastorate, to a new hometown, to new souls to reach for Christ, you have been a constant, loving, driving force in my life.   Only you can make me laugh each and every day.  Only you can make me smile when there is nothing to smile about. Only you can have the most beautiful eyes and the poorest vision.  You must have the poorest vision around because you overlook all of my faults. Only you can  finish my sentences or send me the same text verbatim at the exact same time I send it to you. Only you can look at me and speak a volume just by the the wink when a song comes on the radio. Only you can have a gourmet meal and a smile ready after an incredibly long day.  Only you can remind me that there is going to be sunshine after the rain, and not say "I told you so" when it happens! Only you can remind me that even though our load is lighter, as we travel on now, back to just the two of us, that there is hope ahead and life to be lived.

Maybe its the privilege of spending the last nearly 30 years with you, but, I am most glad for the past, and now I am even more excited about the future, and the privilege of traveling on with you  for the next 50 years.

So, one more birthday down,  we've looked back, and now we are on to the future!

Thankful for the power of Love!

Happy Birthday to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment