A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Off the porch, now where is my hat?

Haven't felt much like blogging lately.  I guess I have been lulled into the complacency of Summer and not really feeling like I have had a lot to share.  But now, I feel energized!  My true love and I are hopping off the porch swing, dusting off our gnome hats and hitting the road together.  Our destination?  Seeing the boys and their families of course, and ending with the baptism of Baby Jeffrey on Saturday!

We have been to see our children before, but this will be the first time that we will have seen all of them in their own married homes. another view from the porch swing.

Seeing Baby Jeffrey's baptism, has is really been that many years since his sister Layla's?  Another rock of the swing?

Our family shifts, it changes, that is the nature of this fluid life we live.  It grows by leaps and bounds.  In one blessed year, we have a new baby and 2 new daughters-in-law, blessings abound and the swing moves again.

The constant?  We are all Hamiltons..we may have different zip codes, different goals for our lives, different friends, differences of many kinds, but from the first rock of the swing, nearly thirty years ago, we were boud together by a single thread, and the love of our Heavenly Father.

So, I am  ready to put the gnome hat on, put our over stuffed suitcases in the tried and true mini-van and hit the road with the love of my life.  I look most forward to sharing our thoughts and feelings, catching up, and just being near to him as the miles tick away!

I also look forward to coming home again, taking off the Hamilgnome hats again, and enjoying our lives from the view of the swing!

Happy trails!



No comments:

Post a Comment