A special place

A special place
A porch swing can = Forever!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boxes

I have seen my share of cardboard boxes....until I was 20, I didn't have much need of them at all.  I lived in the same house for my first 20 years. Then, when I finished community college, it all changed. Boxes for college (back and forth, in the summers), boxes when I finished, boxes when we married and started our own home, ...didn't need boxes when the river took our stuff away, though!  Then, boxes back home a few months later, and then a few years later. ..and then, the big move halfway across the country!  A break for a few years, and then the boxes reappeared.  Then they spread to our kids, when they moved back and forth to school, when we moved back and forth to new Pastorates, then, as their families increase and they move forward with their lives, more boxes are required.

Cardboard boxes have a particular smell all their own, They are kind of a necessary evil.  They have come to represent the fluidity of life to me, and for someone that fights change with her every fiber, they are an just an object which I can rail against!  NO, I am not packing now, but in the last few weeks there were boxes to move my mom, boxes to help our children pack for a new move, and a couple of lingering boxes around my house.  I know that I am grateful for the "stuff" that goes into the boxes, but there is more to it than that... See? Boxes equal change!!!

There is a song on the radio right now that really speaks to me... the chorus goes something like this:...

"All I know is I'm not home yet,
This is not where I belong,
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong"

Kind of brings perspective, doesn't it.  Glad that as I go through life, the boxes will become less plentiful and eventually, I won't need them at all!

Thank you, Lord, for the boxes and also for the fact that I won't need them when I finally make it Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment